Friday 11 July 2008

Poem- Victoria theatre and Concert hall
_____________________________

Victoria Concert and Memorial Hall,
Inspired me as I walked along the lonely corridors;
The Concert Hall looked ready for a magnificent palace ball,
The setting was perfect, near the sandy white shores.
Of all the places I had gone, it was the most beautiful place of all.
Reading the plaques on the wall;
I felt as I if I were back in history,
A splendid place where all was a mystery.

Corridors of loneliness and dim lights
On the marble floor I started to dance;
Never have I realised what this place seemed,
Cosier it got when they started the Symphony band.
Extremely delighted was what I felt,
Recalling the past was like solving a mystery
Today, it was a place in history.

And in my mind,
Nurturing future generations of musicians
Distinctively is what this place will be Memorial Hall was the next place to which I went
Extraordinary place, really it was!
My heart was thumping as I was exploring3
Often along the corridors, I saw rooms
Really posh and nice they were
I felt like a princess in a palace
A large clock connects the two
Looming high above them.

Hall of fame, some might say
Also the house of the Singapore Symphony Orchestra
Let us appreciate somethin, one and all,
Let us enjoy Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall

No comments: